These instructions apply to Lightroom CC on a computer. A computer is the only starting point for XMP preset installations. XMP presets cannot be installed directly into a mobile device but must first be installed into Lightroom CC on a computer where they will sync with the Lightroom app on your mobile device as long as it is signed into the Adobe Creative Cloud. If you plan on using presets with the Lightroom mobile app then a Lightroom CC installation is preferable to a Lightroom Classic CC installation.
Watch the instruction video below or use these text instructions.
1. Start by downloading the zipped presets file in XMP file format by clicking the download button on your product download page. You should have received a link to the download page by email. Save the file where you can find it again. This is usually the downloads folder. Do not click on or open the downloaded file - it is currently zipped and it needs to stay that way for Lightroom to use the file.
2. Open Lightroom CC on your computer. Check to ensure it has been updated through the Adobe Creative Cloud by selecting help > updates. If it has not been updated then your presets will not work.
3. Open any photo in Lightroom CC. You must have a photo on your screen.
4. Click the presets button in the bottom right corner of the screen to open the presets panel.
5. Click the 3 little dots in the top right corner of the presets panel. Select import presets and select the XMP presets file you just downloaded. The new presets will appear inside the presets panel after you upload them.
6. Sync Lightroom CC to the Adobe Creative Cloud by clicking on the cloud icon in the extreme top right corner of the screen. This will sync your presets to the cloud.
7. To sync your presets with Lightroom on your mobile device, sign in to your Adobe Creative Cloud account through the Lightroom mobile app on your mobile device and tap the cloud icon in the top right.
Your presets should now be available from inside the Lightroom mobile app and will also be available to Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC on your computer.